Fraud Investigation & Prevention Audit
– support, education and awareness-raising regarding fraud & red flags –
The central aspect of this consultancy module consists of the acquaintance with, understanding and application of specific audit methodologies for solving cases of fraudulent activity. Special audit investigations require knowledge in the handling of criminal evidence, the performance of skilled interview techniques as well as personal profiling in search of criminal motives. These are necessary for achieving quality resolution of possibly malicious acts within the company’s environment.
Prompt as well as coordinated action according to clear company-internal structures of cooperation among the organization’s various stakeholder groups ensures the successful resolution of such cases. The achievement of this goal calls for detailed preparation and/or cooperative efforts with qualified experts. ARC assists its clients in preparing themselves for the task and accompanies them through urgent situations such as conducting difficult interviews, the handling of pertinent evidence or interface management with legal entities.
At the same time, ARC teams up with clients in establishing a preventive, risk-oriented fraud landscape. The company’s consultants can show constituents the typical errors from practical examples among various companies in numerous branches of business.
- Fraud management / special audit examinations as a best-practice audit process
- The course of instruction teaches the progression of a special audit examination along a proven-in-practice process workflow. At the same time, particular complications and uncertainties within a practical environment are illustrated.
- Judicial elements of a special audit investigation which are to be observed
- Legally watertight methodologies for conducting a fraud investigation
- Admissibility and applicability of evidence
- Countermeasures for preventing fraudulent activities
- Skills for conducting discussions and interview techniques for fraud-investigation audits
- Factors of success with regard to questioning about malicious activities
- Occasions for questioning and objectives intended
- Preparation and organization of local circumstances for questioning on the »hot seat«
- Conscious supervision of the interrogation procedure
- Typical complications and their remedy
- Empiric reports with regard to industrial espionage and its possible avoidance
- Employment of value and governance systems for avoiding fraudulent activity
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.