Interviewing Skills for International Auditors
Conducting effective audit interviews is one of the most valuable methods you have to ensure your audit report adds value. To achieve this, you have to focus on the heart of communication: effective questioning and listening skills.
Combine these with behaviour, body language, cultural insights, interview strategy and facilitation techniques to create a successful outcome. Learn how to deal with difficult personalities and conflicting goals, and ensure you leave a positive, professional impression of audit behind you.
- Plan and prepare for your interview so the stage is set for your success;
- Apply rapport-building techniques so you can develop and foster strong, value-added business relationships;
- Employ a variety of question types and techniques so you get the information you need even when you are under time pressure;
- Learn facilitation language and skills so you are better able to control the flow of the interview;
- Navigate communication dilemmas as they happen, so you can successfully deal with challenges and unintended conflict no matter when or where it arises.
- Communicating in an audit environment
- Presentation and discussion of relevant communication theories
- The role of audit within the organisation and impact on communication
- Influencing stakeholders
- Getting clarity on stakeholders and their needs
- Paint points, criticisms and challenges to achieving desired audit results
- An effective report writing process
- Impact of language and culture on audit report writing
- Persuading in writing for auditors
- Building efficiency into the current audit report writing process
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement in report writing
- Managing challenging situations
- Preparing and delivering a presentation to senior management/the Board
- Strategies to reduce discussion and increase agreement on findings and recommendations during meetings
- Resolving disagreements and dealing with objections
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.