Intercultural Communication Competence
– An essential skill for today’s international internal auditors –
Intercultural communication competence is a mandatory skill for today’s internal auditors. Understanding how culture influences the audit process and learning effective communication techniques and strategies increase personal success and the results of each audit. The roles of national, functional and organizational structure and impact of behavior, language and emotion will equip you to achieve successful communication with all levels within the organization.
From the audit announcement to the closing meeting, culture impacts how or whether audit objectives are achieved. Increasing awareness and practicing intercultural mindfulness will lead to more effective discussions and reconciliations of audit findings and recommendations. This learning will also contribute to successful communication within an internationally based audit team.
- Increase intercultural awareness in the audit environment
- Increase ability to deal with audit clients and colleagues from different cultures
- Learn strategies and techniques to communicate effectively in dynamic, often challenging, environments
- Understand how diversity contributes to the achievement of better audit results
- Culture and audit: aspects and impact
- Intercultural Theory: 7 Dimensions from Trompenaars-Hampden-Turner
- Reconciliation of communication dilemmas
- Impact of behavior, language, emotions and reactions on agreement of findings and recommendations
- Impact of culture of audit client “Moments of Truth” such as interviewing and presenting audit findings
- Techniques and strategies to build positive business relationships
- Role of cultural awareness, behaviour, and language on relationships and audit result
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.