Strategic Positioning of the Internal Audit Function
– from strategy development to implementation –
This consulting module enables a precise analysis of the entrepreneurial network into which the respective audit is incorporated. Likewise, it provides an extended analysis of the mode of operation of the company’s industry-specific business model within which the audit is conducted.
Strategic orientation sequentially builds upon the respective company-tailored audit-services portfolio that is oriented according to the company’s significant stakeholders as well as a sustainable strategic positioning within the risk convergence of the organization’s administrative departments. These departments – Internal Auditing, Compliance, Risk Management, Controlling, etc. – often are called “independent management services.”
Strategic fields of analysis for one’s own audit operations are mapped within this constellation. In the same process, experience drawn from previously conducted repositioning projects are brought into play and clearly demonstrated in a practical example. In this context, both positive and negative examples of implementation are discussed and illustrated by the ARC consultant. Among other aspects, the workshop’s benefit for participants lies in the practical application and adaptation of various strategy instruments within the internal audit environment. Furthermore, an opportunity to interconnect with the business or corporate strategy is given.
- Situational analysis of the internal audit function in a competitive environment
- Strategic positioning of the internal audit function within the company, based on the strategic planning model developed by the Russian-American applied mathematician and business manager, H. Igor Ansoff
- Legislative requirements as well as those of management with regard to the internal audit function’s profile
- Deduction of the audit strategy based on corporate strategy
- Orientation of the audit-services portfolio with the assistance of a strategic business-segment model
- Differentiation from and interaction with other risk-oriented administrative departments
- Operative implementation within daily audit procedures and through interaction with audited entities
- Continuous and periodic monitoring as well as adjustment of the auditing strategy
- Support regarding integration and implementation of a company-tailored solution
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.