Audit Marketing & Effective Communications
– intelligible and effective communication of work results by means of appropriate media –
Internal audit’s examination results must be formulated intelligibly, compiled effectively and presented in a focused manner if they are to achieve their anticipated added value. In this respect, audit reports comprise the showpiece of the internal audit function. Orientation to the target audience or to the client is the watchword in this instance. Within a practical setting, it is particularly important in this case not to present oneself as a monopolist whose wares must necessarily be purchased. Rather, one must confront the competition and provide a clearly recognizable added value for the recipient of the audit service. The task here is to transmit this message in a communicatively effective manner.
Subsequent to completion of coaching, participants are in a position to select appropriate audit-communicating media according to company-specific target audiences and stakeholders. Instruction recipients understand the various foundations of thought behind the auditing field’s global professional association, the Institute for Internal Auditors (IIA), as well as its respective standards. Best-practice structures can be developed based on defined classifications of audit-report recipients and their typical patterns of response. Course participants are able to employ the various audit-communicating structures along the auditing function’s added-value chain as well as within the framework of a communications timeline in a practical environment.
- The typical audit-report system
- International IIA requirements regarding the audit-report system
- Audit communications along the auditing function’s added-value chain
- Timely suited communications regarding audit results
- Analysis of various communications structures and media
- Typology of audit clients: What breed of management character requires which items of audit information?
- Arrangement of comprehensive audit communications – from the ad-hoc report…to follow-up audit communications…and the supervisory board’s annual presentation
- Comparisons of state-of-the-art journalistic communications models for news media target audiences
- Integration and implementation of auditing techniques into the individual audit’s risk-oriented examination procedure
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.