Integrated Process Auditing
– risk-oriented analysis of added-value chains, including process-oriented IT stages –
Subsequent to completion of this training and consultancy module, course participants are capable of implementing state-of-the-art auditing techniques in conducting a structured process and system audit in a practical environment. The course of instruction teaches participants methods for performing risk-oriented analysis of a company’s added-value chain and to structure audit objects into core and supportive processes according to the analytic methods formulated by Michael Eugene Porter. In this respect, current practice focuses not only on integrating commercial processes into a comprehensive audit examination, but also on scrutinizing the relevant IT operating systems as well.
In this respect, the focus is concentrated on an adequate business support of workflows regarding an IT alignment by means of IT operating systems. At the same time, the course’s study matter illustrates the meaningful utilization as well as the benefits and disadvantages of employing individual audits as well as examinations of processes.
And, not least, the internal audit team’s task within the framework of an integrated process examination is to measure the economic degree of target achievement in connection with corporate strategy.
- Starting point: single-case or system audit according to a top-down or bottom-up approach
- Components of a process and system audit
- Risk-oriented analysis of added-value chains
- Visualization and documentation methods for analysis of the internal control system and the risk management system
- Audit logics and the walk-through technique
- Evolution from the traditional process audit to a complex process audit in the era of sourcing
- Practical guideline for auditing outsourced processes
- Integrated process and system-auditing methodology within the networking of IT and commercial audit environments
- Embedding operational-audit techniques into a risk-oriented method portfolio
- Detailed implementation options for the practical audit environment
- Support regarding integration and implementation of a company-tailored solution
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.