Moments of Truth in Internal Audit
– 4 parts Strategic Skills for Internal Auditors – Dr. Rainer Lenz
Moments of Truth in an Auditor’s Life [100 min. 2 CPE]
The outstanding moments of truth in the life of an auditor are what we remember: in a positive sense the peaks, in a negative sense the lows and the transitions. An invitation to self-reflection. You will gain insights into the power of moments of truth. You will better understand – and learn from – your moments of truth in internal auditing. We will benefit from discussing the concept of psychological safety. We will talk about politics in the organisation, including foxes and owls.
Three Types of Internal Auditors [100 min. 2 CPE]
In this virtual course part, we will distinguish three types of auditors: from behind-the-scenes players to key players in the governance arena. We will discuss and explore these concepts and what they have to do with you. How do you see yourself? How do the management and the board perceive you? How do you know? What can you change to do about it?
SUCCESs – Make Internal Audit Stick [100 min. 2 CPE]
Along the acronym SUCCESs you will get plenty of suggestions how better / best positioning the Internal Audit Function in your organization: Simple, Unexpected, Concrete, Credible, Story, and, the small “s”, “swimming in the organization”, a term I learnt from a CEO when examining the effectiveness of Internal Auditing in an empirical study
Self-Images of Internal Auditors: From Police to Agent of Change [100 min. 2 CPE]
Self-awareness is an opportunity. There are blind spots that others are aware of but you are not aware of yourself. There are different ways to position internal audit in an organisation. These can include the predominant role as police, as servant, as advisor, as doctor or as change agent. The role of internal auditor is usually multi-layered and complex and may change over time. We will discuss the characteristics of such roles, the advantages and disadvantages, taking into account your organisational context. Some roles may be more conducive to the effectiveness of internal audit and your importance in the organisation, others may be more damaging.
- Communicating in an audit environment
- Presentation and discussion of relevant communication theories
- The role of audit within the organisation and impact on communication
- Influencing stakeholders
- Getting clarity on stakeholders and their needs
- Paint points, criticisms and challenges to achieving desired audit results
- An effective report writing process
- Impact of language and culture on audit report writing
- Persuading in writing for auditors
- Building efficiency into the current audit report writing process
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement in report writing
- Managing challenging situations
- Preparing and delivering a presentation to senior management/the Board
- Strategies to reduce discussion and increase agreement on findings and recommendations during meetings
- Resolving disagreements and dealing with objections
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.