Conducting effective audit interviews is one of the most valuable methods you have to ensure your audit report adds value. To achieve this, you have to focus on the heart of communication: effective questioning and listening skills.
Combine these with behaviour, body language, cultural insights, interview strategy and facilitation techniques to create a successful outcome. Learn how to deal with difficult personalities and conflicting goals, and ensure you leave a positive, professional impression of audit behind you.
- Plan and prepare for your interview so the stage is set for your success;
- Apply rapport-building techniques so you can develop and foster strong, value-added business relationships;
- Employ a variety of question types and techniques so you get the information you need even when you are under time pressure;
- Learn facilitation language and skills so you are better able to control the flow of the interview;
- Navigate communication dilemmas as they happen, so you can successfully deal with challenges and unintended conflict no matter when or where it arises.