Communicating Effectively for Audit Success
– Essential Skills for Today’s Global Internal Auditor-
Effective communication skills are critical to your success as a global internal auditor. From establishing your credibility and building rapport, to planning and strategizing for interviews and status meetings, to getting audit client agreement on findings, risk and recommendations: You’ve got to have the skills to get the job done, and you’ve got to be able to respond spontaneously, when things don’t go as planned.
Being able to show emotional intelligence and persuade others to see possibilities, opportunities and risk are more important today than ever before. Understanding the different communication styles and being able to adapt your approach to ensure positive and professional communication are foundational skills now, not ‘nice to have’s. Anticipating your business partner’s needs, dealing with difficult business situations, and preventing conflict from happening will ensure your success.
This is an interactive workshop with trainer presentation, group discussion, group activities and case studies to help you deal with every audit communication scenario.
- Identify and fill the gaps in own communication skills.
- Develop the ability to respond to the different communication styles of others.
- Identify strategies and techniques to communicate effectively in any audit situation.
- Communication skills including questioning, listening and persuading.
- Intangible skills including empathy and attitude.
- Building rapport and relationships.
- Communication theory and styles.
- Strategizing for interviews and meetings.
- Presenting yourself and internal audit.
- Dealing with tricky situations and preventing escalation
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.