Intercultural Communication Competence for Auditors
Today’s internal auditors work around the world, interviewing, negotiating, and writing audit reports for multiple international stakeholders. Communicating across cultures brings new challenges that require you to be more aware of language, culture and behavior than ever before. Because when you get it wrong, you can negatively affect the outcome of the audit.
Increase your knowledge of how to audit in other cultures while understanding the impact of your own culture on the success or failure of your communication.
Program objectives and results:
- Apply the Trompenaars-Hampden-Turner ‘7 Dimensions’ so you have a deeper understanding of what cultural tendencies may be at play for you and your audit clients;
- Assess the effectiveness of your communication style in the moment so you can begin to overcome perceived misunderstandings immediately;
- Deal with challenging situations within the audit process that may arise from cultural differences and misunderstandings;
- Understand how behaviour, language and emotion can influence your response to challenging communication situations;
- Implement strategies to resolve cultural dilemmas so that audit objectives can be achieved while maintaining professionalism.
- Communication skills including questioning, listening and persuading.
- Intangible skills including empathy and attitude.
- Building rapport and relationships.
- Communication theory and styles.
- Strategizing for interviews and meetings.
- Presenting yourself and internal audit.
- Dealing with tricky situations and preventing escalation
Audit-Championship is a university spin-off. We focus on networking between science and practice. Audit-Championship provides thought leadership and innovative methods to support its customers across all industries in digital transformation. We support audit departments globally as well as national Internal Audit associations with yearly 1.800+ training days and transformation services along an internal audit knowledge value chain.
Get in touch with us, we look forward to developing a great training event and didactical concept for you and your internal audit team.
We train you and your team on-site, or we can train you online worldwide in the form of a Virtual Training Series: Interactive lecture, discussion, practical example, case studies, reflection.
After entering your contact data, we are happy to support you in a timely manner and will be in touch with you within the next 48 hours.